- Just find somebody that everybody not only likes but also trusts, because you know everybody has to be
able to pay the rent, and everybody relies on each other financially.
- Not a bad idea to keep a wait list for potential members.
- Get themm to fill out a rental application and the landlord will run a background check
and (typically) approve them.
- When everyone is happy and ready to pull the trigger, we all sign the
which specifies the data and the new person puts down their deposit.
- The departing person moves out, leaving the space clean; landlord comes to inspect the space;
either the housemates or the landlord gets any final deep cleaning painting or repairs done; then the new person can move in.
- The new person moves in. Good time for a graduation and welcome party!
- Landlord sends the departing person back their deposit less any costs for repairs etc.